Some people come on holiday to get away from computers, e-mails, etc …
But we know from speaking to guests that others find it useful to have Internet access – as a way of keeping in touch, and for getting information at a time and place that’s convenient.
That’s why we’ve set up a Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi ) service at Trevalgas (NB The service has limitations; please see General information below)
- It’s FREE
- You’ll need your own suitably equipped PC or device
- Guests use the service entirely at their own risk
- We are unable to provide any technical support
- General information about the Broadband Wi-Fi service at Trevalgas;
- Terms and Conditions;
- What you need to do if you want to use the service during your stay and connecting to the Wireless Internet Access service.
Four key points …
See below for:-
General information about the Wi-Fi service
The Trevalgas Wi-Fi service covers all cottages, the Leisure Building (which includes the indoor pool, games room and laundry), the main car park and common areas on the site.
The wireless signal is distributed via a high-gain directional antenna on the Leisure Building.
You will need to have your own wireless-equipped PC (or mobile phone or ‘Palm’ PC) – to wireless service standard 302.11g/n.
The Broadband service is provided by Plusnet via a high-speed fibre optic service. Because of the distance from the Bude exchange the line speed is usually a maximum of about 27 mbps.
Guests should note that this single broadband line is shared, so when many cottages are occupied, with possibly more than one person in each using the system, there will be a contention problem. While fibre optic provides a good connection and a reasonable line speed, if multiple users engage in video/data streaming and online gaming – it risks degrading the facility for all using the service.
What you need to do if you want to use the service during your stay
When you book a cottage, you will be asked to confirm acceptance of our Booking Conditions. These include the terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi service.
The service can be accessed only with the appropriate security code (WEP key) and password. This information will be provided on arrival or shortly before your stay. The terms and conditions require you, and all members of your group, not to disclose the security information to anyone else.
Connecting to the Wi-Fi service
NB. These notes relate to Windows 7, XP or Vista users; there may be variations if other operating systems are used.
- Your PC should automatically detect a wireless signal named ‘Trevalgas’. Click Connect.
- You will be prompted to enter the security code (WEP key) and Password. Type the same security information into both fields, and click Connect.
- After a successful connection, you should be able to open your mailbox and/or Internet browser.
- Your PC should hold the wireless connection settings for the period of your stay.
Terms and Conditions
Users of the service: –
- do so at their own risk, using their own wireless-equipped computing equipment;
- understand that as the Broadband service is provided by an Internet Service Provider (ISP), they accept the Terms and Conditions of that ISP;
- will not hold Trevalgas Estate Ltd or any individual cottage owner responsible for any loss or damage, however sustained;
- will not use the service for any unlawful purpose or use the service in any way which may violate or infringe the rights of any individual, firm or company or may be construed as defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene or which may cause unnecessary anxiety or inconvenience to others;
- will have properly installed, up to date and functioning Firewall and Anti-Virus software;
- will not disclose the security code and/or password to anyone outside the family or party staying at Trevalgas.