• Sleeps 6 + cot in 3 bedrooms. • Family bathroom and separate Shower room/toilet • Accepts dog/s (2 max)
Briar Patch is a comfortable, convenient and cosy holiday cottage in Bude. It sleeps 6 (plus cot) in three bedrooms on a small complex that includes an indoor pool.
It’s a single-storey bungalow style property with family bathroom and separate shower/toilet.
There is a reserved parking space a few yards from the front door, behind which is a home-from-home cottage. Ideal for a relaxing break and great for families.
- Open plan lounge/diner with two 3-seater leather sofas and dining table plus six chairs;
- 27” Flat panel TV with Freeview, DVD recorder, DVDs, CDs, books and games/puzzles;
- Stove-style 2 kw electric fan heater.
- The well-equipped kitchen adjoins the lounge and dining area. Brand new kitchen installed March 2015!
- It has split-level cooker, large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, etc and a CD/Radio/tape player
- For your safety, a thermal heat detector is fitted
- There is also an iron, ironing board and clothes airer.
- Three bedrooms – two doubles and one with twin beds.
- Main bedroom has TV with Freeview, alarm clock/radio, hair dryer.
- All bedroom have heated towel rails.
- A full sized travel cot is available without charge.
- In addition to curtains, all bedrooms have dark green roller blinds to help the younger ones sleep after dawn!
- Family bathroom – with toilet, electric shower over bath, fan heater and heated towel rail.
- Separate Shower with lavatory and hand basin.
- We provide towels (for domestic use) free of charge for guests over 3 yrs.
- Small patio at the front with picnic bench and Cycle rack for 5 bikes
- Good-sized, two-level, secure garden at the rear, with garden furniture and rotary clothes line. (Click on image for aerial view of BP rear garden)
- There’s a barbecue area and we provide 2 complimentary disposable BBQs
- Private access gate to the outdoor play area.
- has its own access point for the free Trevalgas WiFi service, with good connectivity and high reliability;
- has electric night storage heaters and is double glazed throughout, making it both warm and secure;
- has an additional smoke (ionisation) detector in hall;
- is ideal for a break at any time of the year;
- can provide a high chair and/or cot at no extra charge;
- accepts Dog/s (max 2) by prior arrangement with no extra charge.
On your bike???
Briar Patch makes an ideal base for a cycling holiday. There is a 5-cycle rack on the front patio (you’ll need your own locks/chains and covers).
From Bude there is easy access to many cycle routes – whether beginner or experienced – gentle or longer distance – country or coastal – whatever you choose. Bikes can be hired locally if you don’t want to bring your own.
See also our Cycling page (under Out and About) which has more information.
The owners, Betty and John Gimson, live locally. Before they moved to Cornwall, they spent many holidays in self-catering accommodation and they strive to make Briar Patch as comfortable as possible. The cottage has all the comforts of home – and it’s set in wonderful countryside bordered by the rugged Cornwall coast, and only 1½ miles from superb sandy beaches and Bude town centre.
You’ll find us friendly and helpful, so if you have any queries or need more information about Briar Patch please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
John and Betty Gimson,